Ratio is a multi screen agency that designs and develops native applications for all the major platforms. These days we predominantly create OTT apps for major content providers, but we also work with startups and other partners to craft unique experiences. What we love to do is partner with good people and work together to create compelling and valuable applications. If that seems like something you’d enjoy, Ratio would be a good fit for you.
Our design team shares a love for design that goes beyond the day to day work that we do. Design is the language we speak, it’s the lens through which we see the world, it’s what unites us. We have a shared methodology that we collectively defined and work to perpetuate and improve constantly. It keeps our heads in the same space and not distracted by the trends of the industry, rather rooted in a foundational system that we’ve proven to work. We learn together, we grow together, we build our team together.
What we are always looking for are good people that share a love for design and a passion to grow their skills in a collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Deal with ambiguity
- Knowledgeable in core aspects of design (typography, color theory, etc)
- Proven track record of successful projects and satisfied clients; high-level understanding of marketing communication, strategies and tactics, including technologies; experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in creative field from an accredited school
- Five years professional digital design experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior digital designers
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization.
- Excellent client service record
- 3-5 years of experience in mobile web and native app design, preferably on large, content-rich consumer applications.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and a “go-get ‘em” attitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, values team setting and possess a great sense of humor
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- A deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
- Experience with holistic thinking around overall usability and design approach to member and community features.