Ratio is seeking a unique hybrid of Product Owner and Scrum Master, who is adept at balancing the needs of the client, business, technology team, and the end user. From the start they must be involved in their project(s) and understand the work. In this role the PM holds the product vision for the team from the first story written through (and beyond) submission, and possesses an ability to bring clarity to the “fuzzy” requirements stage rapidly and effectively. The Ratio PM is an empowered decision-maker who thrives in a fast-paced Agile environment where we work on some really cool projects, but also believe in a good work/life balance. Our shared commitment to delivering on the promises we make maintains and continues to build the trust within our organization, with our clients, and in the community.
- Maintain Agile standards
- Understand Ratio Operational basics
- Plan project approach and execution, balancing against the constraint matrix of scope, schedule and budget.
- Manage multiple projects and produce effectively through day-to-day changing priorities.
- Create and groom story backlog, manage story maturation, and own backlog prioritization.
- Proactively negotiate and book resources.
- Set and manage client expectations.
- Set agendas and goals for meetings, and publish meeting notes.
- Communicate effectively at varying levels in the organization with technical and non-technical audiences
- Participate in account team activities (including responding to RFPs and writing SOWS).
- Be an advocate for the user
- Experience working in Agile
- Must plan software development projects from inception through release
- Can successfully manage multiple concurrent projects across one or more clients
- Proficient in story defining, writing, and iterating
- Ability to run meetings with project stakeholders
- Understand the marketplace and future trends in OTT and mobile
- Possess a passion for technology
- Mastery of tools of the trade (MS Project, Excel, Projector, Jira, Confluence, templates) and is eager to exploit new tools
- Effective business writing skills
- Capable of presenting information to project stakeholders and at company meetings as necessary.
- A solid foundation of platform knowledge across iOS, Android, Web, and 10ft-type experiences
- 3-5+ years of experience as a PM managing software applications from inception to release
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and to help foster this with project teams
- Flexible and adaptable
- Passion for getting to done
- Interactive/agency experience a plus
- Friendliness and approachability
- Strong work ethic, values team setting and possess sense of humor
- Vocal participant in the PM community, actively champions meeting topics. Speaks up in meetings to shape and/or facilitate conversations.
- Leadership accomplishments and interest
- Directs creative energies toward increasing the team’s efficiency