Cypress and Ratio have Joined forces and we’re looking for people as passionate as we are about being the best! The new Ratio is the largest Independent Multi-Screen Agency in the Northwest and we’re growing fast. We are currently hiring across multiple disciplines, so if you want to help shape the landscape of the Multi-Screen world we live in, give us a shout, we’d love to talk!
We are Ratio Interactive, a rapidly growing cutting edge mobile/web application development firm located in Pioneer Square, Seattle. We specialize in Mobile Strategy and Web/Mobile User Experience. We were one of the first agencies to design and develop Windows 8 Metro apps and continue to push the boundaries of the Samsung and Intel Windows tablets and Metro’s user experience language. To sustain our growth we are looking for talented Interactive Designers.
Are you excited about Microsoft’s Metro design language used for Windows Phone and Windows 8? Do you Dribbble? Are you a Photoshop user curious about what Fireworks has under the hood? Have you played with Balsamiq? Did you create user experiences for iOS apps in a previous life? If your answer to all these questions is “yes, yes, yes,…” then you’re our perfect match!
We’re looking for a pixel pusher with an excellent understanding of user experience. You’ll be coming up with engaging and innovative user interfaces for various tablets (even the ones that are not on the market yet) for various clients ranging from small start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. You’ll be integrated in a team of UX/UI experts working closely together with developers to get innovative apps into whatever new app store that pops up overnight.
Your role is to:
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent mobile experiences.
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation with business managers, and the design team to help define a mobile creative strategy.
- Communicate and sell your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, partners, etc.
- Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door approach to design.
- 3-5 years of experience in mobile web or app design, preferably on large, content-rich consumer websites.
- Knowledge of Mobile Usability best practices.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and a “go-get ‘em” attitude.
- Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, photography, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You must have a deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
- Experience with Native app controls: how standard controls (like the tab bar on iPhone) work, and what the constraints are (also related: familiarity with Apple UX guidelines)
- Experience with holistic thinking around overall usability and design approach to member and community features.
- Interaction design skills: Experience creating wireframes a big plus.
Interested? Apply Now!